Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Gratitude Journal - Day 36


Today I am grateful for my friend Holly.
She's a first year student here at school and she's adopted me as her "Seminary Sherpa" - because she she seems to think that my third year status makes me all wise and all knowing. (Ha!)
Several times this year I've opened my dorm room door to find a greeting card that she left for me, just to thank me, to let me know that she's thinking about me, or to encourage me when I'm feeling down. On occasion she even leaves cookies. :)
Holly is big on giving voice to her appreciation and gratitude. And believe me, when I'm having a not-so-good day, or something else is weighing on my mind, hearing a positive affirmation from Holly - or from my wife Stephanie, or any one of the many friends I have back home and here at school - it has the amazing ability to lift me out of my despair. 
Never underestimate the power of a kind word.
Everyone should have a Holly in their life.

Today I opened my door to find yet another encouraging card.
Inside the card was this cartoon.
Thanks, Holly! :)


2 comments:

Just one more thought... said...

Aw shucks. I'm so glad I lift your heart. You've changed mine too. Love, Holly

Anonymous said...

Dear God, How did I get so lucky to meet and know all of these awesome women? Thank You from another 45 year old seminarian.