Saturday, April 2, 2011

Gratitude Journal - Day 25


Today I am grateful for a peaceful day spent catching up on my reading.
Today's selection:

Blackout Girl by Jennifer Storm - a memoir written by a woman who has battled alcoholism and drug addiction since the tender age of 12  - Reading this one for my Pastoral Care with Addictions class.

Part-Time Pastor, Full-Time Church by Robert LaRochelle - a useful how-to manual for those considering part-time pastorships or bi-vocational ministry - A gift from a friend and very much appreciated!

Buddha by Karen Armstrong - historical biography of the man who became the Buddha - Reading this one for my Hinduism, Buddhism, Islam class.

I Shall Not Want by Julia Spencer-Fleming - the sixth book in mystery novel series that tracks the adventures of a Clare Fergusson, an Episcopal priest who solves crimes with the Chief of Police, Russ Van Alstyne, her very-secret, and very-married love interest. Ooooooh! - This one is just for fun. :)


Today I am definitely channeling Burgess Meredeth from that infamous Twilight Zone episode:

"So many books, so little time!"

No comments: