Tuesday, April 17, 2007

TAG! You're it!


My fellow blogger Dennis was kind enough to tag me to participate in the "Six Weird Things" meme that's going around, so here goes:

Ground Rules for tagees:
1. Reveal six weird things about yourself on your blog, and
2. Tag six people to do the same.

Six Weird Things About Me

1. I have no idea what beer tastes like. Other than a sip of champagne at a wedding or two I've managed to get through my entire life without ever partaking in an alcoholic beverage.

2. While on the subject of drink, I love the smell of coffee but hate the taste of it.

3. I've seen Elton John in concert 22 times and was obsessed with him as a teenager. I had every record and every poster, magazine, book, T-shirt etc. that was in existence. I was 15 years-old and in love with a gay man. That should've been my clue that I was destined for weirdness.

4. When I was a kid I loved the Encyclopedia Brown books. My friends and I started our own detective agency in my back yard and we advertised our service on the telephone pole in front of my house. Someone kept stealing our sign so we never had any customers. We didn't think to try and find out who was stealing the sign (we were lousy detectives).

5. Back in my bike racing days I used to get up at 4:00 in the morning every Saturday and drive to Prospect Park in Brooklyn to race. I'd pay my $20 entrance fee, bitch about how cold and dark it was until the sun came up, line up on the start line with 50 men and 3 other women, bust my lungs wide open trying to keep up with them and not crash, get dropped on the hill on the 3rd lap, and spend the rest of the race trying in vain to catch back up and/or not get lapped and pulled from the race. I did this every weekend. Voluntarily.

6. If I could hang out with any fictional character I would choose Captain Janeway of Star Trek Voyager. She had brains, brawn, and beauty. She could take Kirk AND Picard in a fight any day.

I'm going to go out on a limb and tag some wonderful bloggers whom I read often but aren't part of the Mad Priest brigade: Kitty Litter , Sassy Femme , Mary Sue , Skdo , Zane , and Mrs. M





6 comments:

Dennis said...

the life without coffee thing? That's weird! wow.

If I didn't have my five or six cups a day (black - cream and sugar don't belong near a cup of coffee) I don't know that I could make it.

(and I'm not an addict. I can stop any time I choose to. really.)

Rev. Maureen Frescott said...

5 or 6 cups a day?
I'm surprised you can keep your fingers from jittering off the keyboard with that much caffeine in you. ;-)

SassyFemme said...

Thank you SO much for tagging me, and letting me know you were visiting my blog! I read through all of yours today. It's wonderful to meet you! I just did my post on the meme.

I hate to say it, but I drink about as much coffee as Dennis, only mine has cream and sugar in it. Is it a bad thing when the people at the DD drive through know me by name? LOL

Anonymous said...

Its a pleasure to meet you Cat....just wondering HOW you knew I could easily come up with lots of wierd things about myself...

Di said...

Thanks for thinking of me! What a nice surprise. It's a pleasure to meet you.

Suzer said...

Oooooohhhh.....Captain Janeway. Love that pic. ;)