Wednesday, January 31, 2007

An INFJ minority - Are there scholarships available?


I've taken the Myers-Briggs personality test several times over the years and each time I've come up as an INFJ (Introvert iNtuitive Feeling Judging). According to the test statistics INFJ's make up only 1.5% of the population - the lowest count of the 16 personality types - which is why I've taken the test several times, I keep assuming that I'm doing something wrong. Maybe I went the wrong way on some of the toss-up questions. Maybe I'm not answering as honestly as I should. Nope. The results don't lie. An INFJ I am.

The I and J aside, it was nice to see that the NF result I got after taking the nearly 100 question Myers-Briggs test proved to be accurate after taking a 3-question Blogthings quiz:

Your Personality Is

Idealist (NF)


You are a passionate, caring, and unique person.
You are good at expressing yourself and sharing your ideals.

You are the most compassionate of all types and connect with others easily.
Your heart tends to rule you. You can't make decisions without considering feelings.

You seek out other empathetic people to befriend.
Truth and authenticity matters in your friendships.

In love, you give everything you have to relationships. You fall in love easily.

At work, you crave personal expression and meaning in your career.

With others, you communicate well. You can spend all night talking with someone.

As far as your looks go, you've likely taken the time to develop your own personal style.

On weekends, you like to be with others. Charity work is also a favorite pastime of yours.



Yep, sounds about right.

In fact, in lieu of writing an essay for my seminary entrance application I think I'll just forward the results of all the Blogthings quizes I've taken.
I'll start with this one:


You Are the Very Gay Peppermint Patty!

Softball is the huge tipoff here...
As well as a "best friend" who loves to call her "sir"


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, Mocat! Welcome to RevGalBlogPals! I'm a former Southern Baptist-turned UCC pastor; not many of us in the ring. Looking forward to reading about your journey!

Rev. Maureen Frescott said...

Thanks songbird! :-)

episcopalifem said...

I'm your INF cousin - INFP.

It seems that lots of progressive types seem to be INF. I think that's interesting - but it could just be the psychologist in me coming out! LOL

Caminante said...

I am an INFJ/P, with mostly J in my public life and P in my private life, that is, when things have to be done, I am J (someone recently said I must be a strong J and I said actually not). The N and F are off the charts. So you're not alone. We are out there. Being clergy has made my I tendencies weaker because I have learned to compensate but by nature I am an I (call me feline; that's more like it).

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the Revgal ring! It seems that we have some things in common:belong to revgals (check), lesbian (check), supportive partner (check), UCC (check), INFJ (check), new to semindary process (check) and today I could add "cold climate (check). Anyway -- looking forward to reading what you have to say!