Friday, November 21, 2008

Homeward Bound!




Thanksgiving break is finally here!
As I write this my SO is on her way to pick me up and cart me home. I am sooooooo excited! I've been home only once since I started school - My SO has made the trip up here to see me several times but this time I'll get to spend a whole week with her at home. And I get to see the kitty cats!!
I've also spent every Sunday here church hopping to do research on field ed sites, so it will be good to be in my home church once again (cue the theme from CHEERS) "Sometimes you wanna go where everybody knows your name..."

The fall semester is in the home stretch - I have one week of classes left - I'm participating in group presentations in 3 of my 4 classes, and the following week I have two final papers due and then I'm done! I'll be home for two weeks at Christmas and then it's back to school for a two week winter session course.

The good news is that they've revised the curriculum here at ANTS and cut 9 credits off the requirement for the MDiv degree (bringing it down to 81 credits). That means I have 3 fewer classes to take and a better chance of finishing in 3 years as planned. It also means that I can get away with taking 4 classes next semester instead of 5. Yeah!

I know I've been slacking off when it comes to updating this blog...
For the first half of the semester it seemed like I was spending every waking hour with my nose crammed in a book or pulling all-nighters to finish papers. The reading has eased up the past few weeks but I've been using the extra time to get back into my walking routine. Between eating in the cafeteria and spending most of the day with my butt parked in a desk chair or in my dorm room, I feel like I've put on the 'freshmen 15' and thensome - Just in time for the holidays! ;-)

Well, time to pack up the computer and hit the road...
I shall valiantly try to blog more during the break!
Until then - Cheers!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hooray for all your news, and Happy thanksgiving!