Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ashes, Ashes, We all fall down!


Well, it's Ash Wednesday, I've received my ashes, I'm still polishing off the Valentine's Day candy, and I have 50 kagillion things due in my classes the next few weeks, so I thought it was as good a time as any to pop over here and post an update.

My problems is that after much arm twisting by my classmates I finally joined Facebook (yes, I've gone over to the dark side). I've found that updating my posse in short semi-coherent phrases is much easier to do while I'm juggling classes. Finding 5 seconds to write "Maureen is pondering" or "Maureen is referring to herself in the third-person" is more doable than carving out an hour to blog.

BUT (and I got this idea from fellow blogger, Marie), I've decided that in honor of Lent I'm going to make an effort to spend less time on Facebook and more time over here. I've been spoiled here at school - since I'm living with a bunch of theology geeks whenever I'm pondering some deeper issue or have a rant rattling around in my head I have instant sounding boards to bounce them off of. This blog used to serve that purpose for me, now I have real live human beings (I know, horrors!).

I started blogging as a Lenten practice three years ago - offline, and moved it online 2 years ago - so it makes sense to return to it during this time of year.
My goal is to make time for it every day, and to move deeper into my thoughts then Facebook allows ("Maureen hopes she knows what she's getting herself into").

So, keep checking back if you're interested.
Things are about to get busy around here. ;-)





No comments: